CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Mom's first heavenly Anniversary

Today marks the one year anniversary of the day my mom took her journey to Heaven. I always said that I thought my mom was a superhero and after spending a year of my dad, brother and me trying to fill her shoes, we confirmed that my mom truly had superhuman powers. I will never forget waking up that morning after she passed away feeling completely lost. I knew it was a Sunday and one thing that we had to do was make her usual big Sunday breakfast, but I didn't even know where to begin. At that point, I didn't even know how to fry an egg. All 5 of us looked at each other helplessly. This year has been quite a journey, but we have finally found our own routine. It was a challenge for all of us and I can assure you that it didn't happen over night, but we made it. We survived the most challenging, life altering year of our lives. It's hard to swallow the fact that it's been an entire year since I last felt her, hugged her or kissed her cheek, but I can recall every last detail of that last hug. I still find myself panicking when I can't remember where every beauty mark on her face was or what was our last meal together, but she always helps me remember. I hate that this is it. All we have left of my mom are her ashes, pictures and the memories in our hearts. I pray that for all of out sakes, this will be a better year. I know my mom's in a much better place and I can't wait for the day that we are reunited in Heaven. When the day comes that God sends for me, I will no longer fear it knowing she will be there to greet me. Mom, know that we love you, miss you and hope to see you in our dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment